Do you enjoy bringing creative ideas to life? Are you good at solving unique problems? Do you add artistic flair to your development projects? Are you at home with a pair of headphones and a dark-mode code editor?
A full-service marketing agency built on creativity and passion, and powered by integrity, kindness, and collaboration.
- Detail Oriented
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5+ years Web Development experience
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to manage your time and multi-task
- Work in a hybrid work-from-home model. In-office Monday and Thursday, work-from-home Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- HTML: You know which tags are semantically correct in which situations. You know what ARIA tags are.
- CSS: Every site you make is responsive. You use a CSS pre-processor. Any experience with keyframe animation is a plus.
- You know how to turn a Photoshop file into a website.
- PHP: You have fundamental PHP skills, and know how to use PHP outside of a framework or CMS (ex. variables, loops, functions, classes). Bonus points if you’ve worked in an MVC framework. Bonus points for each PHP CMS you’ve worked in.
- WordPress: You have built websites with WordPress and created a custom-built theme from the ground up. The less plugins you use, the better. No page-builder plugins. Bonus points if you know how to use and create ACF fields and blocks.
- MySQL: You know how to read and write basic SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). Bonus points if you are comfortable writing more complex queries like joins, sub-queries, etc.
Extra Bonus Points:
- You have a good design eye. You know which rollovers and which animations make sense for the site you’re building.
- You know how to organize and edit SVG graphics for CSS and/or SMIL animation.
- You have experience optimizing a site for speed.
- You know how best to structure your markup for ADA compliance.
- Create custom WordPress websites from design files (Photoshop, Illustrator). Custom themes from the ground up.
- Solving complex problems such as: integrating 3rd-party APIs with client websites, creating member portals, developing advanced front-end filtering/pagination methods with AJAX + PHP, integrating payment gateways, etc. Without plugins.
- Complete tasks for existing clients on existing websites. This could mean adding pages, creating landing pages, copy changes, etc.
- Performing monthly maintenance for existing clients each month. This includes WordPress updates, testing forms, security and malware tests, etc.
- Working with the SEO team to identify and fix SEO issues for existing clients, as well as prevent SEO issues on future web projects.
- Learning something new every day.